In the Nick of Time
With just under 48 hours to go, the SDE announced late yesterday afternoon that the A-F Report Cards are finally ready:
|****SDE******Report Card Update
OK State Dept of Ed sent this bulletin at 11/04/2013 02:29 PM CST
Dear Superintendents, Principals, and District Test Coordinators,
The corrections to the A to F Report Cards are complete. You may see the grades for the sites in your district via the single sign-on page of the State Department of Education website. The hard work of districts and the state enabled the most accurate data to be used to calculate the A to F grades. Thank you for your persistence to achieve this goal.
Yes, this time, schools get some of the credit. After all, when the aforementioned superintendents, principals, and DTCs login to the secure site, they see a running list that includes most of the changes they had to endure over the last few weeks:
- 10/26/2013 – Friday nights grade recalculation did not apply the state average increase for growth points. This has been corrected.
- 10/25/2013 – Corrections applied from data verification requests-
- Winter EOI Biology, History test data were added to the system and STNs cleaned.
- Second Time Tests not marked as Second Time Test were corrected for EOI testing records.
- Second Time Tests removed from 3% OAAP, OMAAP cap.
- All 8th grade EOI tests count for current 9th grade site.
- 10/22/2013 – Corrections applied from data verification requests-
- Added Advanced Coursework Bonus Point to all Middle Schools and High Schools
- Corrected rounding issues
- Missing STNs added to OAAP, Winter EOI, Summer EOI Tests (Could affect participation percentage)
- Corrected middle schools whose data was pulling high school tests into calculations
- Corrected College Entrance Exam data for multiple schools
- 10/17/2013 – The issue with the application of the 1% and 2% caps on OAAP and OMAAP tests has been corrected.
- 10/17/2013 – Issues with the Bottom 25% Growth have been corrected. These corrections caused changes in the site grades. Please use the subject links from the Report Card Detail Screen to view and verify the students included.
- 10/16/2013 – Report card details and grades now available to district administrators
- 10/15/2013 – Final scored files received from CTB
I’m not sure this was a complete list, but in any case, schools can see something resembling final grades now before their release tomorrow. Until the SDE’s site goes live, I’d hold off on any press releases.
(By the way, many schools saw small changes yesterday too.)
And there was much rejoicing!